At OLPS we have a part-time learning support teacher whose responsibilities include the co-ordination of identification, diagnosis and support of students with identified needs.
The Learning Support Teacher works on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
In 2021, Learning Support Assistants support students with a disability learning. The National Consistent Collection of Data (NCCD) on OLPS students with a disability takes place every year. The NCCD is a collection that counts:
- the number of students receiving an adjustment or help due to disability
- the level of adjustment they are receiving to access education on the same basis as other students
Learning support encompasses students in the following categories:
- Students with learning difficulties
- Students at risk
- Students with disabilities
- Aboriginal students
- Socio-economically deprived students
- Students experiencing specific gender issues
- English as an additional language/dialect (EAL/D)
- Language Background other than English (LBOTE)