At OLPS the library is a valued purpose-built resource centre.
All students accesses the library for borrowing, browsing, or researching as well as learning the effective use of research skills, including the use of technology.
Each week the students have a set borrowing/learning time, which is given high priority by the staff and all students are encouraged to borrow regularly. Each child uses a satchel to protect the books.
Goals of the OLPS library:
We provide opportunities for our community to read, learn, create and connect supported by access to quality literature, technology, excellent learning programs on information literacy and a welcoming place to relax and enjoy.
To select and provide a collection of appropriate and quality resources in print and digital format to support reading and literacy development.
To support student’s deep learning by assuring a seamless integration of technology, teaching and learning.
LIBRARY features and events are as follows:
- Over 14,000 titles and access to online subscriptions such as World Book online
- Premier’s Reading Challenge – whole school participation
- Book Week – activities, parades, visiting authors, whole school trivia
- National Simultaneous storytime
- Grandparents Day – visit to the library
- Pop-up play visits library
- The annual OLPS bookswap in support of the Indigenous Literacy Foundation.