The OLPS Turrumburra Learning Centre (T.L.C.) is a resource centre focusing on Literacy and STEM programs.
All students visit the Turrumburra Learning Centre every week for both Library and STEM lessons. Students have the opportunity for borrowing, browsing, or researching as well as learning the effective use of research skills, including the use of technology. STEM Lessons provide the opportunity for students to engage in hands-on learning with real world applications to help develop future focused skills.
The TLC is placed at the centre of our school. It aims to:
- Provide opportunities for our community to read, learn, create and connect supported by access to quality literature.
- A welcoming place to relax and enjoy time away from the busy playground.
- Support all students to grow in their design thinking journey in fully supported STEM lessons.
The T.L.C features and events are as follows:
- Over 8,000 titles and access to online subscriptions such as World Book online
- Premier’s Reading Challenge – whole school participation
- Book Week – activities, parades, visiting authors, whole school trivia
- National Simultaneous storytime
- Grandparents Day – visit to the library
- Pop-up play visits library
- The annual OLPS bookswap in support of the Indigenous Literacy Foundation.
The Turrumburra Learning Centre was named by the Senior Learning Hub of 2022. Turrumburra is the indigenous name for the Lane Cove River.